Friday, February 4, 2011

Updates: Next Game Review, Drama CDs, New Layout?

Some updates on my otaku life. (Actually, "otome" would be a more accurate description I think.)

Next Game Review

Now that I've finally finished reviewing Crazy Rabbits, time to decide which game to review next. Initially I planned to review Starry Sky ~in Spring~ since that was the game I played (or rather, continued playing) after that. But I'm having second thoughts now because I'm planning to get a PSP (those delicious Otomate games are killing me) sometime within the next two months. Which means...STARRY SKY PORTABLE F**K YEAH. :Dv

So considering that the PC version has been reviewed to death by so many people, I thought it'd be better to hold on till I get my hands on the PSP version and review that instead. The only issue I have with this arrangement is that I've already started drafting the review (before I decided to buy the PSP obviously so don't ask why I bothered doing so) and it doesn't sit well with me to have to put it aside now. It's like asking me to hold my pee in after I walked miles to get to the toilet.

But well, I guess I'm still gonna put it aside. Which means I'll most likely be reviewing Ijiwaru My Master instead since that's the next game I moved on to after completing Starry Sky ~in Spring~. (Chinami ni, I've already started drafting the review for IMM. Heh.)

Drama CDs

I don't know why I didn't discover this earlier but drama CDs are possibly the next best thing after otome games. And manga. And anime. Yeah. I was intrigued after reading a review on a Under the Moon drama CD (written by my favourite Japanese otome game blogger) and decided to try it out...except that I couldn't get my hands on it anywhere fml (actually I have it now). Instead I found Ijiwaru My Master ones and OMG SO CUTE!!!!!!

Once I was able to grasp the beauty of the whole drama CD thing, I decided to try out the famous Starry Sky Seiza Kareshi drama CDs and well, I'm NOT looking back now. XD I haven't listen to all of them yet but I highly recommend the Pisces i.e. Kanata's one! The Seiza Danna series are pretty cute too. In fact, I like them more than the Kareshi ones but that's probably because I got to know the series via the games and the Danna series are an extension of the games while the Kareshi ones are kind of a standalone thing.

What I like most though, are the "Roman Tan" series. It's sort of a game extra. I've listened to the Spring and Summer ones, and both are so cute!!! I especially love the Spring one because it was so funny and had a lot of moe stuff going on. Listening to it made me love the Spring guys a lot more. ^^v The Summer one was funny too though not as moe as the Spring one in my opinion.

Oh yeah, I'm also listening to the Danna Catalogue series (also by Honey Bee) as well. :P This is why I won't be able to get a husband. Hmmm. Maybe I should start reviewing drama CDs too. :D

New Layout

Been thinking of making a new layout recently. I'm quite glad that this blog is surviving nicely, considering how my personal journal is dying and that I've tried to set up a blog for my J-pop fandom twice and failed both times haha.

Anyway, yeah, new layout. I'm quite eager to make one except that I love Yanagi-kun *points to header* too much and can't bear to take him down heh. Ya I know I can always use him again for the new layout but this is his best CG in my opinion.

Still, I guess he can't be up there forever. I think I'll just go through my games sometime this weekend and see if I can find a nice CG to use for a header.

No comments:

Post a Comment