Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Ijiwaru My Master / Luca (3)

Here's a short(?) afterthoughts post on Luca. ^^

Thoughts

So...LUCA IS CUTE. :D

Considering that Luca is a non-main character, his stories were quite voluminous. In my opinion at least. Or maybe it's because he's the first character I played, so I couldn't compare his story with the main characters' which obviously is going to have more meat.

Anyway, to me, this is almost like a twins story, except that we have the two personalities in one body. I really enjoyed both storylines. Even though there were some overlap between them, it's not exactly a repeat because Luca was in a different mode in most of the overlapped scenes. In fact, I think it's quite interesting to see how Luca behave in the same situations under different modes. It allows the player to interact with both personalities and helps to satisfy different preferences. ^^ Like if you prefer the sexy, go for Storyline 1 and if you prefer cute, go for Storyline 2. I personally prefer the cute arc (Storyline 2) a little more than the sexy arc (Storyline 1). ;)

Endings-wise, I think they are pretty well-written on the whole.

The good endings were literally oozing with sweetness, though the one for Storyline 1 had a slight trace of bitterness. Although I was happy that they got together, the fact that Kurumi can never meet day!Luca again is just... T_T I mean obviously two Lucas are better than one haha. Which is why I prefer the ending for Storyline 2 where our day!Luca finally woke up to his manly senses! Good job Kurumi. *thumbs up* But I imagine it's gonna be tough for her...physically. *wink wink* Then again, she gets to enjoy both worlds hahaha. Anyway, since she became a succubus, she should actually enjoy it hurhur. Lucky her.

For the bad endings, the one for Storyline 1 was a little creepy while the one for Storyline 2 felt a little bit abrupt to me. ^^; Nevertheless, I'd still give both bad endings a passing grade given that there's a "complete" ending and not one that makes me go "Huh???". Yeah.

I used to think bad endings are just bad endings, and it doesn't matter how they end since it sucks either way but having played otome games for some time, I've gradually changed my mindset. Of course, it's not like I like to see the story end badly but I'd give extra points for games with well-written bad endings ON TOP OF well-written good endings. It just gives off an additional air of sincerity from the game makers. Like you know, they even bother to crack their brains for an interesting bad ending.

Yup. So that's it for Luca! Moving on to the next character...though I'm not sure when I will actually post the next review entry since I'm thinking of adopting a new format for my reviews to make them more writer and reader-friendly but have absolutely no idea how it should look like at the moment hahaha. Plus I'm currently hooked on watching Gintama, reading Gintama fanfics and playing Hiiro no Kakera (goddamn why is the story so long). Busy busy otaku here hurhur. ^^;

No comments:

Post a Comment